For that purpose and with the cooperation of local Saramaccan village communities, some micro-economic activities are started, such as eco-tourism. The proceeds go to the health care project.
- By airplane 30 minutes
- Overland: bus/boot. Bus Paramaribo - Atjoni 4 hours, boat Atjoni - Danpaati 3 hours. You can choose between public transport and charter.
- Combination: bus/boat - airplain
Your stay at Danpaati means enjoying its people and surroundings. You can do a lot, but nothing is a must. The guests can choose between several itineraries, such as:
- Visits to villages in the vicinity.
- Explanation about medicinal plants and trees.
- A beautiful trip by dugout canoe through a jungle creek where at some points you can not even see the sky because of the overhead foliage (this trip can take up a half or a whole day).
- Guided educational jungle hikes with picnic and swimming (there and back ca. five hours)
- Explanation about the history and daily customs of the Saramaccan villages.
- Relaxing and swimming in the river and/or rapids (sula's).
- Daytrips by boat to various rapids and wild beaches.
- Cultural evening party with local singing and dance.